An estimated 16 million Americans have rosacea, yet only a small fraction of these clients are being treated. Although the exact cause of rosacea is unknown, various theories about the disorder’s origin have evolved over the years. Some of these include:
- Facial blood vessels may dilate too easily, and the increased blood near the skin surface makes the skin appear red and flushed.
- Lifestyle and environmental factors can increase this redness response. Exercise, Alcohol, Spicy Foods, Overly Stressed)
- Acne-like bumps may appear, often in the redder area of the central face. This may be due to factors related to blood flow, skin bacteria, over production of microscopic skin mites (Demodex), irritation of follicles, sun damage of the connective tissue under the skin, an abnormal immune or inflammatory response, or psychological factors.
Because the exact cause is unknown, Rosacea is not able to be cured, but it can be controlled. At Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery we want to help our patients be able to manage its signs and symptoms so that they can look and feel better about themselves.
Treatments that can help with symptoms of Rosacea:
- IPL, also known as, Photofacial: Helps improve texture, reduce redness and acne
- Laser Genesis: Helps diffuse redness and improves texture and increases collagen production
- Lactic Acid Peels: Removes surface dead cells, eliminate germs and toxins
- Soothing Facials: Deep Cleanse, light exfoliation, calming serums and masks
Products that can help with symptoms of Rosacea:
- Obagi Gentle Cleanser
- Hydration Complexion Corrector
- Skin Balancing Sun Protections SPF 30
- Image Total Retinol A
If you or someone you know suffers from Rosacea, schedule a complimentary consultation today and let us help you achieve better skin health and fight the symptoms of Rosacea.