- Low-tech lotions DO work – Even those tiny hotel face creams can provide some benefits in a pinch. Using any emollient will help to plump up fine lines and prevent the aging of your skin. These are just a temporary fix, though. On a normal basis, use moisturizers spiked with ingredients that will boost cell formation and stimulate collagen growth
- Relax during your workout – The most over looked gym-induced strain is above the shoulders. “I can pinpoint women who tense the jaw and throat when exercising, because it makes the cords of the neck more prominent and pulls down the face,” says NYC dermatologist Fredric Brand.
- It’s always sunny – Never think that you are safe from sun damage. UVA rays travel through windows, even when it is cloudy. Rain or shine, 365 days a year, everyone should wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen.
- You don’t need sun to get burned – Even if you are careful with SPF and avoiding sun exposure, skin damage is a daily threat. Direct exposure to a heat source, such as your space heater, can cause redness and a break down in collagen. So back it up, at least 10 feet away.
- Too much volume can add years – Dermal fillers, such as Radiesse and Juvederm, are growing in popularity, and for good reason. Women with a fuller face look younger than those with a taut, bony profile. But heed your cosmetic surgeon’s suggestions; the eyes, mouth, and jawline can become overshadowed by protuberant cheeks and chin.
- There’s nothing Botox Cosmetic can’t do – This miracle toxin can remove wrinkles and frown lines, deter migraines, curb excessive sweating, and even sooth the stomach. Now it has been shown to shrink jowls and sharpen the jawline. Amazing!
- Plastic bottles damage more than the planet – Puckering for a drink can actually cause fine lines. Dermatologist Karyn Grossman warns “the constant pursing creates lines and aggravates existing creases around the mouth.” So ladies, try to pour your water bottles into a glass when possible.
For more skin care information, contact the Vitenas Skin Institute at 281.484.0088. We are proud to have Houston’s premiere aesthetician and skin experts on staff, ready to put on you on a path toward healthier, more beautiful skin. Come by our office for your complementary skin care evaluation.