Juvederm and BOTOX are two of the best products available today, in the cosmetic surgeon’s office, to treat facial lines and wrinkles. While at first these treatments may seem interchangeable, it is important to know that these fabulous, face-enhancing injections are not the same thing. BOTOX works by paralyzing the muscle at the injection site – relaxing the skin and smoothing wrinkles. Juvederm is a gel filler – which adds volume and plumps hollow areas, as well as reducing fine facial lines. Different areas of the face have different needs, so BOTOX and Juvederm can be used alone or in combination to achieve a beautiful, younger – but never expressionless – face.
- BOTOX is a gentle injectable solution made from botulinum toxin.
- It is used to treat moderate to severe wrinkles around the on the forehead, between the brows and around the eyes. It is occasionally used to treat fine lines around the lips and dimpling of the skin of the chin.
- A treatment takes less than 30 minutes in the office.
- Results are seen in 5-7 days – maximum benefit in 2 weeks; and last about 3 months.
- The tiny, painless injections temporarily paralyze muscles, causing them to relax and smooth out. BOTOX has been the most popular, noninvasive cosmetic procedure for years.
- Juvederm is a smooth, injectable gel solution made from Hyaluronic Acid. It is found naturally in mammals.
- It is used to treat facial wrinkles and folds, facial scars, to improve a loss of volume, and to improve facial balance and symmetry. Juvederm is also used to plump the lips.
- A treatment takes less than 1 hour in the office.
- The results are noticeable immediately and will last for 6-12 months.
- Administered with tiny injections, Juvederm softly plumps up the area to smooth out lines and balance contours of the face. Once it is naturally reabsorbed by the body, injections will need to be repeated.
So remember, both BOTOX and Juvederm can play an undeniable role in your age-defying skin care plan. Call Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery to set up your first BOTOX or Juvederm treatment, today. We are always here to help you look your very best!