“So how much does it cost?” The ever important, sometimes deciding question, patients ask about facial cosmetic services (facial muscle blockers such as Botox Cosmetic and fillers such as Radiesse, Juvederm, and Restylane). The answer will vary; there are many choices depending on what you are trying to achieve. Two prime factors in the cost of facial cosmetics: the geographic area of the clinic and level of physician expertise. Services in big cities cost more than in small towns. Botox Cosmetic in New York City is therefore more expensive than in Norman, Oklahoma. You may also spend more for a greater level of skill and proficiency. At Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery, your Botox Cosmetic will always be injected by board certified Plastic Surgeons with over 20 years’ experience. Some facilities charge less, but their injectors are not physicians. Remember, cheaper is not always better, beware of ‘too good to be true’ pricing. Here are some figures to get you started:
Botox Cosmetic – Botulinum Toxin A, relaxes muscles to reduce wrinkles.
- Most common for facial wrinkles, around since the 90’s, with a proven safety record.
- Areas used include: the glabella (frown line), forehead, and the lateral eyes (crow’s feet)
- Lasts 3-4 months
- Sold in units, a patient typically uses 25 -50 units per visit
- Cost: between $9.00 -$18.00 per unit
- Average price of a Botox Cosmetic Procedure: $225.00 – $1000.00
- Can be mixed in a variety of strengths
- Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery uses a solution mixed with saline to produce 2.5 Units per 0.1 cc
Radiesse – A calcium hydroxlapatite semipermanent filler.
- Mainly used to replace loss of soft tissue in cheek and to fill in the lower face and jowls.
- Lasts over a year
- Cost: $400-$950 per syringe.
- Usually at least 2 syringes are needed to achieve full correction.
Juvederm – A hyaluronic acid filler.
- Used for softening depressions in the face or to enhance the lips.
- Lasts over a year
- Cost: $450-$850 per syringe.
- Usually between 1-2 syringes used
Restylane – Similar to Juvederm but is thinner in composition
- Frequently used in the tear trough area.
- Cost: $450-$850 per syringe
- Only 1 syringe required
- Products can be combined to provide better overall results.
- Often Radiesse is used for a deep fill, with Juvederm or Restylane for a superficial fill.
- Fillers can be used for the lips and cheeks, combined with Botox Cosmetic, for a more complete facial rejuvenation.