People who sweat more than an average amount know that summer isn’t the only month resulting in wet armpits – for them it’s year round.
It may be easier to hide the wetness under a couple layers of clothing, but being uncomfortable and walking around with wet underarms remains. Most people areaware of Botox’santi-aging benefits for the face, how it diminishes forehead wrinkles and frown lines. But less knownis how it also treats excessive underarm sweating, which is called hyperhidrosis, and it’s FDA-approved to do so.
The “Are You Ready for Botox Cosmetic” Checklist:
1) Have you used antiperspirant with no relief?
2) Do you wear breathable fabrics such as cotton, wool, hemp, silk, and linen, and still sweat?Do you avoid or haveyou thrown away all your nylon, rayon, and polyester clothes?
3) Do you avoid all anxiety-inducing situations, but the sweating comes anyways?
4) You’ve tried meditating and doing breathing exercises and that doesn’t seem to be working?
5) Have you given up caffeinated beverages, alcoholic drinks, and spicy foods to try to stop the sweating but you don’t want to give them up anymore?
What Is Botox® Cosmetic?
BotoxCosmetic (or Botulinum Toxin) is a simple, non-surgical procedure that lessens excessive underarm sweating. With a few injections, this relief can last six months or even longer. How? Using a neurotoxin,these injections temporarily stop the nerve signals that stimulate the sweat glands, thus reducing sweating.
The Simplicity of the Treatment and Recovery
It’ll be performed in Dr. Vitenas’ office and will last around 30 minutes. No anesthesia is needed. During the procedure, tiny needles will inject small doses of Botox into the areas that produce an excess amount of sweat.
After the treatment, there is no recovery period. There may be some minor bruising at the injection sites, but most patients have reported that they could resume their normal activities right away.
How to Know If You’re a Candidate
If you are a man or woman suffering from excessive underarm sweating, you’re right for the treatment. The best way to find out, though,is always to go for a consultation.
Dr. Vitenas has over 20 years of experience, and has been named one of Houston’s Top Doctors and America’s Top Plastic Surgeons. He’s also been awarded Houston’s Most Compassionate Doctor and a Top Doctor for Women. For more information or to schedule your consultation, you can reach Dr. Vitenas’ Houston-based practice by calling (281) 484-0088. Or check out his website.