How do I choose the best place to have injections of Botox® Cosmetic and fillers done?
All medical treatments have potential risks, and cosmetic injectable treatments are no exception. Reducing your risk of potential complications requires that you:
1. Recognize that injectables are medical treatments and belong in the hands of a trained physician or highly trained nurse injector, and that getting a good result requires a real artistic eye of the injector.
2. Do not act on impulse when you choose injectables. Follow proper procedure by learning about your injector’s experience and the treatment you will have.
3. Accept that there is no such thing as a “generic” or “substitute brand” for U.S. FDA-approved injectables.
4. Be aware that “too-good-to-be-true prices” may be an indication that you are not getting a U.S. FDA-approved injectable or an appropriate dosage.
5. Do not accept treatments at a party, public gathering, spa, salon or other non-medical setting.
If you follow these recommendations you will have an excellent chance of obtaining a beautiful result.