Lip Augmentation is a procedure designed to plump and smooth the lips, restoring the fullness that can decrease with age. The treatment is quick and easy, providing a mouth that is youthful and healthy. There are four types of Lip Augmentation available – Collagen, Restylane, Fat Transfer, and Implants; each with its own pros and cons. If the idea of Lip Augmentation is new to you, here is everything you need to know:
- Collagen is a naturally occurring substance that provides vital structure for the skin. Without it, skin becomes lax and sunken, and the lips are no different.
- Collagen Injections give the lips a soft, attractive plumpness.
- Applied with a tiny needle, Collagen injections require only a quick office visit.
- Collagen is safely and naturally absorbed by the body.
- Risks include bruising, asymmetric results, and nodules.
- Injections will need to be reapplied every three to six months.
- Restylane is a Dermal Filler, made from Hyaluronic Acid.
- The shape of the lips can be improved and fine ‘lip lines’ eliminated through Restylane injections.
- A Restylane treatment will take less than 30 minutes to perform.
- Mild bruising and redness may occur.
- To increase the comfort level, an anesthetic may be applied before Restylane Injections.
- Results will last from six to ten months.
- Your own fatty tissue is removed, processed, and re-injected into the lips.
- The procedure will take between one and two hours.
- Risks include swelling, firmness, and lumps.
- Treatment is more expensive than other injectables.
- The results are long lasting; between 30-50% of the fat will remain permanently.
- A second session may be necessary for optimal results.
- Implants are made of a soft, pliable material.
- Implants enhance the natural shape of the lips.
- Surgically inserted through small incisions, Lip Implants require up to a week of recovery time.
- Implants can cost between $2,000 and $3,000.
- Risks include bleeding, swelling, and infection.
- Implants prove permanent results.
Women are keenly aware of the effects of aging, although the changes in lip shape and fullness are rarely prepared for. If you believe a Lip Augmentation is the right fit for you, call Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery at 281.484.0088 – a quick consultation appointment can answer your remaining questions and set up your consultation appointment.