Louisiana is our neighbor to the east; home to Mardi Gras, alligators, gumbo, and Bourbon Street. It’s hard to imagine that back in 1803 the United States of America paid only $15 million dollars for this culture rich area. What a bargain, especially when you compare that to the $10.4 billion Americans spent on cosmetic procedures in 2011.
Louisiana residents will themselves spend over $200 million on cosmetic surgery this year. While most consumers will choose a plastic surgery practice close to home, there are others who will travel miles to get the very best cosmetic surgeon available. After doing their research, many of these educated patients will decide to make the drive to Houston – they know that Dr. Vitenas is the only one for them.
Away We Go
To quote one of our favorite docs – Dr. Seuss, “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.” Louisiana residents go to Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery! But where do they travel from?
- Some cities are large: Lafayette, Baton Rouge, Lake Charles, and New Orleans.
- Others are small: Pineville, Destrehan, Boyce, and Gretna.
- Some parishes are far: Taft, Minden, Rayville, Natalbany, and Mandeville.
- While many are just over the border: DeRidder, Fort Polk, Sulphur, Leesville, and Shreveport.
- They may send us lots of patients: Bossier City, Vinton, Jennings, and Kenner.
- Others send only a few: Winnfield, Youngsville, Harvey, and New Llano.
- Several places lean toward invasive procedures: Broussard, Gueydan, Elmer, and Jamestown.
- Whereas lots of cities prefer non-surgical treatments: Metairie, DeQuincy, Gonzales, and Prairieville.
Another reason Louisiana is so near and dear to our hearts: it is home to Dr. Vitenas’ alma mater, Tulane University. This prestigious New Orleans University is where he completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, as well as his M.D. at Tulane’s School of Medicine. His General Surgery and Plastic Surgery residencies were competed at Tulane, as well.
Thank you, Louisiana – for making Dr. Vitenas the fabulous doctor he is today, and sending us so many magnificent patients. If you are ready to set up a consultation with Dr. Vitenas, or need help making travel plans from Louisiana (or any place else), give our office a call at 281.484.0088.