Uh no! It’s that time of year again; time to make some soon-to-be forgotten New Year’s resolutions (to remember all of our unmet goals in 2011). While it is easy to feel like you failed last year (oh, and maybe the year before that), do not let that deter you from trying again in 2012. This year, if you take time to re-think the way you make your resolutions, anything will be possible in 2012.
1. Make your goals specific, measureable and attainable; if they are too broad they will be overwhelming and easy to give up on:
I will exercise three times a week instead of I will lose 100lbs this year.
2. Make fewer goals. Narrow your resolutions to just a couple of the most important to you (exercise and stop smoking, for example) instead of making 10 or 15 goals – trying to focus on too many sets you up for failure.
3. Resolve to review your goals every three months. Seeing your progress will motivate you to continue on.
Wow, I exercised three times a week for three months – and lost 14lbs! Now, I am ready to work-out four times a week
and cut out the sodas.
4. Take notes. A food diary or a log of your workouts will help you stay on track – and visualize how you are doing on a daily basis.
5. Reach out for professional support. For instance, a personal trainer might just be the incentive you need, to get you to the gym. Support is essential – enlisting an expert can be phenomenal.
Let Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery be your personal beauty expert. We are here to help you achieve your aesthetic goals – like facial rejuvenation or breast augmentation. We can make you look your absolute best and teach you how to take fabulous care of your skin & body. Remember, there is no reason to go at this alone. As the iconic Oprah Winfrey once said “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.”
Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery wishes you a safe and happy New Year!