Thanksgiving and Christmas are the perfect time to reconnect with family and friends, eat, drink, and be merry… but in reality they are often a stressful, over-committed time. By setting some very manageable goals and planning ahead, you can make it through the holiday season almost stress free – and you might even enjoy yourself! Keep these tips in mind:
- Bring a healthy snack with you when you head out shopping. Grab a protein bar or an apple, something good for you, to keep the hunger pains away and the grazing to a minimum.
- Make a commitment to exercise several times a week. You’ll feel stronger and have more energy.
- Prioritize. Tackle your most important issues first.
- Break down tasks into smaller portions, they will feel less daunting.
- Keep things in perspective.
- Accept those offers of holiday help; it is a sign of sanity, not weakness.
- Invest a little time in yourself: read a book, go to the movies, or get a massage; you will be rewarded with instant rejuvenation!
- It is alright to say ‘No’ – this is YOUR holiday, too!
- Don’t forget, they are your guests, they are rooting for you.
- Try to enjoy the moment. Celebrate the people and places in your life – this only happens a few times a year.
Remember: stress plays a huge role in our physical appearance. It can cause wrinkles of the forehead, between the eyes, around the lips, and those pesky ‘frown lines’. Stress not only causes us to look older and more tired, it also causes serious strain on our bodies – from our heart, blood pressure, and even our digestive tract. Reducing stress now will keep us looking and feeling better, longer.
Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery is here to help you become your most beautiful self, from the inside out. Call us to find out about the wonderful procedures we have, that can bring back your inner glow and that youthful shine, that time and stress has robbed from you… and just in time for the holidays!