Let’s say you know two women with similar body types and features, both of whom want to get plastic surgery. You might guess they would choose to have similar procedures; in reality, though, probably not.
Studies by the American Society for Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) show that demand for cosmetic procedures varies greatly in different regions of the U.S. The reasoning is still under debate, but factors seem to include how much of the area is urban (women here don’t like procedures that keep them out of work for more than one day) and the climate (warm climates prefer figure-enhancements, while cool areas like facial rejuvenation).
Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery does see a few of these trends with our patients, who travel to our clinic from all across the United States. While some of the rankings are surprisingly accurate, our most requested procedures, no matter our clients home state, continue to be breast enhancements, liposuction, and Botox Cosmetic.
- Ranked #1 for breast augmentation, liposuction, tummy tucks, and pectoral implants.
- Our Pacific/Mountain patients come from University Place, Washington, Overgaard, Arizona, and Sparks, Nevada – some fit into these national trends but some definitely do not.
New England and North Atlantic States
- The North is where you’ll find the most lip augmentation, rhinoplasty, and dermal fillers.
- Dr. Vitenas has seen patients from Hockessin, Delaware, Quincy, Massachusetts, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – wonder if they considered these popular procedures?
Central United States
- The mid-United States has the most requests for Brazilian Butt-lifts and cellulite treatment.
- Central U.S. patients love Dr. Vitenas for a wide range of enhancement procedures, traveling to our office from Bellbrook, Ohio, Indianapolis, Indiana, and Howard City, Michigan.
- According to the surveys, the Southern States prefer hair transplants and cheek/chin implants.
- We see so many patients from the South, who want to rejuvenate all areas of the body, not just above their shoulders; our Southern clients range from El Paso, Texas to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and Fayetteville, Arkansas to Eads, Tennessee.
Southern Atlantic States
- The Atlantic states lean toward buttock implants; this is also the #2 place for Botox Cosmetic.
- While the South Atlantic had the most butt implants, there were only 858 performed in the U.S. last year. Something tells us Dr. Vitenas’ patients from Fairfax, Virginia, Pensacola, Florida, and Stallings, North Carolina were concerned with more than just their booties.