Vaginal Rejuvenation is a combination of two different procedures: the Labiaplasty and the Vaginoplasty. Labiaplasty is a commonly performed technique, improving the shape and size of the labia majora. It is an aesthetic procedure, meaning the surgery is done to make the labia more aesthetically appealing.
Vaginoplasty, however, is a vastly misunderstood procedure. The surgical correction is intended tighten lax vaginal muscles. Childbirth and normal aging will put stress on the muscles in the vagina, causing dramatic stretching. Surgeons who only tighten the mucosal lining do little to improve actual muscle tone. A correctly performed Vaginoplasty will remove excess muscle and mucosal tissue, tightening and snugly reshaping the entire vaginal cavity.
Because so many surgeons do not understand how the procedure is performed, women are often discouraged when seeking a Vaginoplasty. Unfortunately, there is a lager number of women undergo what they feel will be Vaginal Rejuvenation, only to find the surgeon performed no actual correction to their vaginal muscles.
Did you know that only a handful of surgeons across the United States can actually perform the Vaginal Rejuvenation procedure? Dr. Paul Vitenas is one of the few cosmetic surgeons that have mastered the procedure. Over the last 25 years, Dr. Vitenas has developed a Vaginal Rejuvenation technique that both improves the outward look of the labia, but also removes 1-2 inches of distended muscles within the vaginal canal, for a long-lasting, taut vagina.
Before scheduling your Vaginal Rejuvenation, ask the surgeon these questions:
- Are you Board Certified in Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery?
- Do you have experience in both Labiaplasty and Vaginoplasty procedures?
- Specifically, what correction can be expected with his/her Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Are there current Before/After photos available to view?
- Are recent Vaginal Rejuvenation patients available to speak with you?
- How long is the expected recovery?
- What type of anesthesia will be used during surgery?
- Where will the Vaginoplasty or Labiaplasty be performed? Is it an accredited surgical facility?
- What is the total cost of the Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Finally, ask yourself: What does your gut say – do you feel like you can trust the surgeon?
To determine if Vaginal Rejuvenation is the right procedure for your set of needs, set up a complimentary consultation with the best Vaginal Rejuvenation surgeon in Houston, Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery. Call the office at 281.484.0088 for more information. Those patients who are outside of the Houston area can request an online consultation. Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery also provides assistance with travel arrangements and accommodation reservations upon request.