Breast Asymmetry Correction in Houston
Nearly all women have breasts that are slightly different from each other in size, shape, or position. However, significant breast asymmetry can negatively affect emotional well-being and self-image. For these women, surgery to create a more even appearance of the breasts can significantly benefit self-esteem, quality of life, and mental health. Dr. Vitenas provides breast asymmetry correction in Houston to help address these issues.
What is Breast Asymmetry?
What Causes Breast Asymmetry?
Breast asymmetry occurs when one breast has a different size, volume, position, or form. There are several reasons why a woman’s breasts can change in size or volume, including:
- Hormonal changes
- Breast tissue changes when you’re ovulating
- Water retention and blood flow
Other causes that may result in breast asymmetry include:
- Spine or rib abnormalities, such as fractures or deformities, may change the shape of the chest wall, leading to asymmetry
- Severe scoliosis can rotate the torso and cause the breasts to look asymmetrical
- Lumpectomy or a mastectomy are common treatments for breast cancer; some women choose to have reconstructive surgery to maintain breast symmetry, while others do not
Asymmetrical breasts may also be caused by a condition called juvenile hypertrophy of the breast. While rare, this condition can cause one breast to grow significantly larger than the other, which Dr. Vitenas can correct with breast asymmetry correction in Houston at his private practice.
Breast Asymmetry Correction Surgery - What Does It Consist Of?
Breast asymmetry correction attempts to match the two breasts in size as closely as possible, balancing your figure with the same volume on each side. By modifying asymmetrical breasts to be symmetrical, breast asymmetry correction in Houston is designed to help women feel more youthful, beautiful, and confident about their appearance.
Some examples of surgeries that may be paired or performed alone to symmetrize breasts include the following:
BREAST AUGMENTATION WITH IMPLANTS
What are the Benefits of Breast Asymmetry Correction?
Some of the benefits of breast asymmetry correction include the following:
- More even and symmetrical breasts
- Improved confidence and self-esteem
- Symmetrical, well-shaped nipples and areolas
- Better fit in clothing
- Improved quality of life
- Round, full breasts
- Breast rejuvenation after pregnancy or the effects of age
- Improved cleavage
- Appealing, feminine proportions
Am I a Good Candidate for Breast Asymmetry Correction?
While breast asymmetry is unique for each woman, there are some specific types and signs of breast asymmetry that many women commonly experience. Women with breast asymmetry may experience one or more of these concerns, making them candidates for breast asymmetry correction:
- Breasts of different sizes, such as one large and one small
- One breast is positioned higher than the other on the chest wall
- Drooping breasts, with one breast hanging lower
- Misaligned areola and nipple characteristics
- Unusual breast shape or structure, also known as tuberous breasts
Breast Asymmetry Correction Recovery
You can return home shortly after your breast asymmetry correction surgery, and drains will likely be installed to reduce blood or fluid building up as you heal. Additionally, you will wear a compression garment which reduces swelling and helps your breasts maintain their proper shape as they heal.
Plan for approximately two weeks to rest and heal after your procedure. Be sure to arrange for a friend or family member to drive you home after your surgery and help you at home while you’re recovering, as you won’t be able to lift anything or do your usual tasks while you’re recuperating.
After two to three weeks, you should be able to return to sedentary work and light exercise, such as walking. However, your breasts will still heal for several months before settling into their final, symmetrical, beautiful shape and position.