Labiaplasty in Houston
Labiaplasty is a plastic surgery procedure designed to remove excess skin from the opening of the vagina which can result from genetics or childbirth.
Labiaplasty is a procedure that addresses both aesthetic and functional issues in the vaginal area. Patients experience increased comfort, a more youthful look, and an overall improved quality of life.
Pregnancies, weight fluctuations, and the natural aging process can all have a major impact on the state of the labia. While often considered to be a purely cosmetic concern, sagging labia lips can cause irritation and chafing. They can also have an effect on proper sexual function, leading to diminished self-esteem.
A Labiaplasty in Houston with Dr. Vitenas can help provide relief from these disconcerting conditions, enabling women to once again take part in the activities that bring them happiness.
What is Labiaplasty?
There are various issues that can drive a woman to seek out Labiaplasty. For some patients, the issue is excessively large labia lips that prevent them from engaging in exercise or enjoying sexual intimacy. Others may develop issues such as chafing and irritation, which will ultimately lead to more limited wardrobe choices. Regardless of the issue, Labiaplasty is able to restore the vaginal area, allowing women to go through life as they did when they were younger.
What conditions can be treated with Labiaplasty?
Labia minora hypertrophy is most often the underlying cause of conditions in the vaginal area. Factors such as genetics, aging, weight fluctuations, and childbirth can all contribute to its development. It can best be defined as sagging of the inner labia lips below the outer labia, leading to irritation and discomfort. This ultimately prevents women from comfortably engaging in healthy activities, such as exercise and sex. While Labiaplasty is an excellent way to treat this functional issue, there are also many women who seek it out purely for cosmetic reasons.
Labiaplasty is designed to:
- Reduce the size of overly large labia lips
- Correct asymmetry in the labia
- Give patients a boost in self-confidence
- Reverse unwanted changes that are the result of aging, pregnancy, and weight fluctuations
- Reduce feelings of irritation and discomfort in the vaginal region
- Allow the patient to engage in exercise again
- Give the patient increased sexual pleasure
- Rejuvenate the look and texture of the vagina
What does the procedure entail?
As with any surgical procedure, a thorough assessment of the patient’s current condition and medical history must be carried out before curating a treatment plan. During this consultation, patients will have the opportunity to ask any and all questions that they may have. A custom treatment plan will then be created which will be employed in the procedure.
Labiaplasty can be performed under general or local anesthesia, depending on the preferences of the patient. Patients will receive information on both types of anesthesia during the consultation so that they can make an informed decision on this.
The procedure usually lasts about an hour. Incisions on the labia minora, the two small folds that are located between the labia majora. The excess skin folds are then extracted. The procedure can be carried out by using one of two techniques:
- Trim Technique – The excess labial tissue is extracted, allowing for the remaining skin to be sutured at the edge of the labia structure. Darker portions of the labia lips are extracted, giving the vagina a younger, more aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Wedge Technique – With this method, a triangle-shaped wedge of skin is removed from each side of the labia, and the incisions are sutured shut. The labia’s natural edges are preserved while the size of the lips is reduced. Darker portions of the labia are left as they are.
Patients will be informed of these options and can choose which one they prefer.
What are the benefits of Labiaplasty?
- Corrects asymmetry of the labia
- Removes excess labia skin
- Boosts patient’s quality of life by improving overall comfort
- Greatly increases the patient’s capacity to experience sexual pleasure
- Changes that have resulted from aging can be reversed
- Any loss of sensation can be reversed
- Patients are able to expand their wardrobe options
- Patients walk away with an increased sense of self-confidence
Who is an ideal candidate for Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty is a great option for patients who:
- Are in good mental and physical health
- Are non-smokers or are able to quit prior to the procedure
- Have a realistic outlook regarding the results of the treatment
- Are experiencing any form of discomfort or irritation due to issues with the labia
- Are unhappy with the appearance of their labia
- Have undergone childbirth or weight fluctuations and have experienced changes in their body because of it
“He always exceeds my expectations!”
“Please if you are considering a vaginalplasty/labiaplasty or any other cosmetic surgery! look no further! Want to be a virgin again? Ya.. you owe it to yourself! Hands down the best cosmetic doctor, without a doubt! Dr. Vitenas has done several of my surgeries and I wouldn’t trust anyone else!! His attention to detail is insane precise. He always exceeds my expectations! I can’t believe I talked myself into a vaginalplasty after child birth (3) But I’m so so glad I did! Dr V changed my life. My confidence has sky rocketed, he not only corrected the visual but he made me One finger tight! My love life is a 10 now! I feel like a brand new woman! Also, his staff gets 5 stars also!! Thank You Dr V and the entire team!”
What is the recovery process like?
Following a Labiaplasty in Houston, patients often experience side effects such as minor soreness in the treatment area. This can be managed quite easily by taking prescription pain medications provided by the surgeon. Mild swelling and bruising are also common following the treatment, but these effects will gradually dissipate after a few weeks.
In most cases, patients are instructed to take at least one week off from work. They must also refrain from having sex and engaging in vigorous exercise for at least 4-6 weeks.
While it is common for patients to experience minor swelling that can last up to six months, patients are typically able to perceive noticeable improvement in the area by the six-week mark.
As the incisions are made within the natural folds of the labia, any potential scarring will be hidden from vision. The area tends to heal quite smoothly. While this procedure is known for its multitude of tangible benefits, patients will also experience enhanced self-confidence, an improved self-image, the joy of partaking in fun and engaging activities, and the pleasure of sex.
Why choose Dr. Vitenas?
Highly revered as one of the most skilled cosmetic practitioners in Texas and the country at large, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Paul Vitenas has a strong track record of delivering outstanding results. With decades of experience under his belt and incredible attention to detail, Dr. Vitenas works with his patients to help them achieve their desired look.
Founder of Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery, Mirror Mirror Beauty Boutique, and the Houston Surgery Center, Paul Vitenas, Jr., M.D., F.A.C.S. is a force to be reckoned with in the Texas cosmetology community. The facility at Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery includes a 15,000 square foot cosmetic surgery center and medical spa, which were designed with both surgical excellence and patient comfort in mind.
At Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery, we prioritize communication with our patients to ensure that they are comfortable every step of the way. Reach out to us today to set up a consultation.