We all strive for a naturally beautiful face, with smooth skin and contours that accentuate our best features. As we get older, the body’s collagen and elastin production can slow down, making it harder to maintain our ideal appearance. Fine lines and deep creases can suddenly show our age – and then some. Surgery is not the only way to restore a younger appearance, however. Botox and dermal fillers can offer a subtle improvement to the early signs of aging by smoothing these lines and adding definition to the eyes, cheeks, jawline, and lips. Houston’s Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery offers one of the city’s largest selection of FDA-approved dermal fillers and Botox Cosmetic, ready to rejuvenate the appearance and highlight your best features without the cost, commitment, or downtime of surgery.
Innovative Dermal Fillers from Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery:
Dermal fillers offer a noninvasive method for temporarily reducing the fine lines and deep wrinkles that result from diminishing tissue elasticity. Approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), dermal fillers are safe and effective, with few side-effects and little chance for the serious complications. The benefits of dermal fillers can be seen immediately after treatment and will continue to look good for months to come.
Each filler is created to address a specific need, made with its own unique formulation of large or small molecules. Offering exceptional, consistent results, fillers can plump the lips, smooth lines between the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds), and replace volume loss under the eyes. The most popular dermal fillers are made from:
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) – Hyaluronic Acid is a super-moisturizer, made from sugar molecules found in the human body. The soft, smooth, gel-like filler pulls in moisture from surrounding cells, plumping tissues and hydrating the skin. By stimulating the fibroblast cells that produce collagen, HA fillers continue to improve the treatment area for months to come.
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHa) – The thick, uniform microspheres of Calcium Hydroxylapatite fillers are found naturally in the body, primarily in the bones. Fillers made with CaHa offer significant, long-lasting results for moderate to severe facial lines and wrinkles. The safety, efficacy, and durability of CaHa fillers make them an excellent choice for restoring healthy contours of the face and hands.
Botox Cosmetic is made from botulinum toxin type A, providing dramatic improvements for dynamic wrinkles or those that form as the result of repeated facial movements and expressions. The neurotoxin is injected below the skin, temporarily relaxing the targeted muscle. As the muscle releases, the associated wrinkles soften. The results from Botox Cosmetic take one to two weeks to appear, and the dramatic wrinkle-reducing benefits can last for a full three months. Botox Cosmetic is often combined with a dermal filler to achieve optimal facial rejuvenation.
The Ideal Candidate for Fillers and Botox:
Dermal fillers are a safe option for temporarily eliminating static lines and replacing age-related volume loss, while Botox Cosmetic is recommended for dynamic wrinkles. With little chance for complications, these injectables can provide an excellent, noninvasive option for almost anyone. The ideal candidate for an injectable treatment will be in good health, without severe acne or an active skin infection. Patients should understand the treatment process and recovery recommendations while holding realistic expectations for the final results. Those patients with severe tissue laxity may need to consider a more invasive procedure, such as a browlift of blepharoplasty. A one-on-one consultation will be scheduled before your dermal filler session, at which time Dr. Vitenas will determine the best treatment or techniques to achieve your desired results.
Injectables from Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery
A wide variety of noninvasive, injectable treatment options are available at Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery, each with its own unique pros and cons. The right product(s) will depend on the quality of your tissue, the target area, and the desired level of correction. Your injectable will be applied in a private treatment room, with sessions normally taking 30-60 minutes. Dermal fillers and Botox injections require little to no downtime, meaning patients are back to their routine activities the same afternoon.
During your personal consultation at Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery, the best filler for your needs and lifestyle will be determined. The many injectables available include:
- Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty – A nonsurgical rhinoplasty utilizes one or more dermal fillers, such as Restylane Silk, Radiesse, or Juvederm, to add shape and contour to the nose. The technique can make the nose appear straighter, smoother, and more contoured without the potential complications that come with surgery.
- Botox – Botox Cosmetic can be used to ease dynamic wrinkles that result from repetitive facial expressions. For up to three months, Botox can improve the appearance of Crow’s Feet, Frown Lines, and deep forehead creases.
- Juvederm Injections – The Juvederm family of fillers are among the most popular injectable treatments requested today. Made from HA, Juvederm can consistently smooth mild to moderate wrinkles and restore volume loss under the eyes and cheeks. With few side-effects, results from Juvederm will last from six to twelve months.
- Juvederm Vollure XC – Vollure is a second-generation dermal filler from Juvederm. Using patented Vycross® technology, Vollure is FDA-approved as a safe option to smooth lines and lift tissues along the lower third of the face. Juvederm Vollure is premixed with lidocaine, a local anesthetic, ensuring a comfortable procedure with results that last 12 to 18 months.
- Juvederm Voluma XC – Juvederm Voluma XC is a long-lasting gel-like filler, created to restore mid-face volume loss, as well as improve moderate to severe facial creases. Placed deep under the skin, Voluma XC premixed with lidocaine, therefore the injections are easily tolerated. Results can last up to two years.
- Lip Augmentation – With age, the lips can lose volume and as they thin, the appearance can seem older and even unhappy. Nonsurgical lip augmentation is performed using a dermal filler, such as Juvederm Volbella, plumping lips, creating definition for lip borders, and erasing fine lip lines (also known as Smoker’s Lines).
- Radiesse – Radiesse is a trusted filler, made from a unique formulation of CaHa microspheres, designed to treat hollow areas under the eyes, sculpt the cheeks, contour the jawline, and create a more prominent chin. The benefits of a single Radiesse session can continue to look good for 18-24 months.
- Restylane – Trusted by patients since 1996, Restylane is an HA filler, perfect for rejuvenating the overall appearance. By smoothing fine lines and replacing age-related volume loss along the lower half of the face, Restylane offers optimal results for both men and women of all skin types. Restylane’s results can last from six to nine months.
- Volbella – Juvederm Volbella, made with Vycross® technology, was created to plump thinning lips and smooth vertical lip lines. Volbella’s ultra-smooth formula ensures organic-looking results that never leave lips over-filled. Results from Volbella can last up to twelve months.
- Liquid Facelift – A liquid facelift uses a combination of Botox Cosmetic and dermal fillers to lift and smooth the skin. The technique can take years off the appearance without the lengthy recovery and potential complications of a surgical procedure.
- Filler to Hands – Soft tissue fillers can immediately plump any targeted tissue, including the delicate skin along the back of the hands. By replacing lost volume, visible veins and bones are less noticeable, giving the hands a more youthful appearance.
- G-Spot Injection – Sexual stimulation can significantly increase when a small amount of dermal filler is directly injected into the G-Spot. Plumping this sensitive area means a woman will see amplified pleasure during intimacy for up to three months.
Recovery and Risks of Botox or Dermal Fillers
Depending on the specific treatment area, it is common to experience redness, minor swelling, and mild bruising for a few days. Serious complications, such as infection or nerve damage, are rare. Makeup can be worn right away and will help conceal any lingering bruising. To keep swelling to a minimum, alcohol and exercise should be postponed for the first 48 hours after treatment. In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with your appearance after treatment, some fillers can be reversed, such as those made from HA. More severe complications are extremely rare, especially when applied by a board-certified cosmetic surgeon like Dr. Vitenas. Although unusual, some patients can experience infection, allergic reaction, bleeding, scarring, and nerve damage. Dr. Vitenas will carefully discuss all of the pros and cons regarding your desired injectable treatment.
Schedule your consultation at Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery:
Could Botox Cosmetic or a dermal filler be the answer to your skin rejuvenation needs? To find out more, schedule a confidential consultation at Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery. Located on Richmond Avenue, miles from the Houston Galleria, Dr. Vitenas and his team are easy to reach. Online consultations are also available for our out-of-town patients. Call our office with questions at 281.484.0088 or fill out our online Contact Us form to have a patient coordinator get back to you.
Dermal Filler FAQ
What is a dermal filler?
A dermal filler is an injectable product, used to improve sagging, lax skin. Fillers, made from either Hyaluronic Acid or Calcium Hydroxylapatite, can smooth wrinkles, replace lost facial volume, contour the features, and plump thinning lips.
What areas can be treated with a dermal filler?
A variety of dermal fillers are available, able to treat mild to severe static lines on the mid to lower face. Fillers can also restore volume under the eyes, contour the cheeks, bring definition to the nose or jaw, and rejuvenate the hands.
Am I a good candidate for injectable fillers?
Almost anyone who is unhappy with the fine lines or deep wrinkles that accompany early aging may benefit from a dermal filler. An ideal candidate will be in good health, understand the treatment, and hold reasonable expectations for their results. A more invasive technique may be recommended for those patients with moderate to severe facial laxity and drooping skin.
How long will the results from my filler last?
Depending on the treatment area and the exact filler used, the results may last from six months to over a year. Once the results begin to fade, patients can schedule a second session to further maintain the youthful look.
What is Botox Cosmetic?
Botox Cosmetic is a safe and effective injectable treatment made from botulinum toxin type A. The small injection of neurotoxin will temporarily relax the targeted muscle, easing the associated wrinkle.
Am I a good candidate for Botox?
Potential Botox patients should be in good health, understand the Botox treatment process, and have realistic expectations for their results. Those with active skin infections, pregnant, or nursing may be asked to postpone their Botox treatment.
What areas can be treated with Botox?
Botox can successfully smooth dynamic wrinkles such as forehead creases, Frown Lines, and Crow’s Feet.
How long do the results from Botox last?
While the benefits of Botox are not seen immediately, the results will slowly appear over the next one to two weeks. The benefits of a single Botox session will then look good for the next three months before fading.
Where does Dr. Vitenas administer his dermal filler and Botox injections?
Your injectable session will be performed in one of the comfortable treatment rooms at Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery on the corner of Richmond Avenue and Drexel Street.
When can I return to work after my Botox or dermal filler injections?
No downtime is necessary after receiving Botox or fillers. Patients are free to return to work the same afternoon. However, the treatment area may be slightly swollen or red for one to two days.
What are the side-effects of Botox and dermal fillers?
Approved by the FDA, both dermal fillers and Botox are considered safe treatments for temporarily restoring lost volume or smoothing wrinkles. Side-effects of an injectable treatment include injection site redness, itching, mild bruising, and swelling. More serious complications are rare but can include infection, allergic reaction, scarring, and nerve damage.
Can I finance my Botox or dermal filler injections?
Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery makes paying easy by accepting a variety of payment types, including cash, credit cards, and healthcare financing through CareCredit and ALPHAEON CREDIT. Reach out to our office for more information on paying for your dermal filler session.