Even those of us who are born with plump, shapely lips may see their pucker thin with age. It is common, as the body’s collagen production slows, that the lips begin to flatten and lose their youthful definition over time. Additionally, constant expressions, exposure to the elements, drinking from straws, and smoking can all contribute to the appearance of fine, vertical lip lines that add years on to the appearance. Until recently, there was little that could be done to improve lip appearance, aside from silicone implants. However, with the newest generation of dermal fillers, noninvasive lip augmentation is easy and can offer immediate results with little to no downtime. Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery brings these innovative nonsurgical lip augmentation options to Houston.
Lip Augmentation Can:
- Plump the lips
- Restore lip symmetry
- Erase lip lines (Smoker’s Lines)
- Define lip borders
- Restore the Vermilion Border (‘M’ along top lip, under nose)
- Offer long-lasting, natural-looking improvements
- Enhance the appearance immediately, with little to no downtime
- Hold little risk for serious complications
Lip Augmentation from Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery
Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery brings patients a wide range of cutting-edge, noninvasive lip augmentation techniques, including the latest Hyaluronic Acid (HA) fillers. Each session takes less than an hour and can provide exceptional results that will last for months. Using several small, meticulously placed injections, Dr. Vitenas can create the desired appearance, from subtle results to a dramatic change, all while keeping the lips looking soft and natural.
The ideal candidate for lip augmentation can be anyone in overall good health, who understands the lip augmentation process. Potential patients should hold reasonable expectations for the final results. Although noninvasive lip augmentation can meet the needs of most patients, not everyone is the right fit for an injectable treatment. Those who are pregnant, nursing, or experiencing certain medical conditions may be asked to postpone the treatment until a later time.
A private consultation will be scheduled at Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery prior to the lip augmentation procedure. At this time, Dr. Vitenas will perform a brief assessment of the lips, mouth, and facial tissues. He will discuss any medical issues, as well as go over the patient’s desires for lip augmentation. After explaining all of the options, both noninvasive and surgical, a customized treatment plan will be created.
The Lip Augmentation Procedure
A variety of lip augmentation options are available, making the technique customizable for the individual’s needs and desired results. Each injectable product offers its own set of benefits. During the consultation appointment, Dr. Vitenas will determine the best technique to achieve your unique aesthetic goals.
Each noninvasive lip augmentation session is performed in one of Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery’s private treatment rooms. Most treatments take less than half an hour. A local or topical anesthetic will be applied prior to the injections, ensuring a comfortable and pain-free treatment.
- Juvederm Volbella: Made from Hyaluronic Acid, Juvederm Volbella is a soft dermal filler, perfect for sculpting and plumping the lips. The pliable texture of Volbella provides natural-looking results without seeming ‘over filled’. Volbella adds volume to the lips, erases lip lines, and creates defined lip borders. Results from Juvederm Volbella can last four to six months.
- Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus: Two powerful fillers from the Juvederm family, Ultra and Ultra Plus quickly and consistently add shape and definition to thin or asymmetrical lips. From subtle to dramatic results, Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus create pillowy lips that feel soft and natural to the touch. The results from Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus will last for six to nine months.
- Juvederm Vollure: Utilizing Juvederm’s patented Vycross® technology, Vollure is an innovative soft tissue filler created especially for the delicate tissues around the mouth. Combining Hyaluronic Acid molecules of both a high and low weight, Juvederm Vollure can offer precise and consistent results, perfecting lip shape, easing frustrating lip lines, and restoring youthful lip borders. The benefits of Juvederm Vollure are long-lasting, looking fresh for up to 18 months.
- Restylane: A long-trusted trusted Hyaluronic Acid filler, Restylane provides smooth, soft lip plumping abilities. Over the following weeks, Restylane’s HA will continue to pull in moisture from surrounding tissues and rejuvenate the body’s collagen production. Restylane can shape thin lips, smooth Smoker’s Lines, and create the delicate Vermilion Border along the top lip. The benefits of Restylane will last for up to six months.
Lip Augmentation Results and Recovery
Noninvasive lip augmentation will provide immediate results. With little to no recovery time, patients can immediately get back to their day. However, as mild swelling and bruising are common after filler injections, some people may prefer to take the afternoon off to recover. Intermittent ice packs can help to reduce any swelling. Additionally, exercise should be avoided during the first 24-48 hours, also helping to keep swelling to a minimum. Makeup can be applied right away.
Depending on the exact filler and the individual patient’s needs, these benefits can last from six to nine months, even over a full year. As the results begin to fade, a repeat session can safely ensure the benefits continue to look beautiful for months to come.
Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery uses the safest and most effective techniques for lip augmentation, leaving little chance for serious side-effects. Mild swelling, redness, tenderness, and bruising are common after treatment however, these side-effects will fade over a few days. Serious complications, such as asymmetry, infection, and nerve damage are less common but can occur. Patients must put their trust in a board-certified plastic surgeon, like Dr. Paul Vitenas and his experienced team of aesthetic professionals.
Lip Augmentation from Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery
To find out more about the noninvasive lip augmentation options from Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery, call our Houston office at 281.484.0088. Our patient coordinator will answer your questions and assist in scheduling a confidential and complimentary lip augmentation consultation. Whether you are looking at the benefits of a single lip augmentation technique, or want to combine the treatment with other procedures, for full facial rejuvenation, Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery can create a plan designed to bring optimal results.
Lip Augmentation FAQ:
What is noninvasive lip augmentation?
Lip augmentation is a cosmetic treatment designed specifically to add volume and shape to thinning lips. The noninvasive techniques can plump small lips, smooth fine lip lines, and define vanishing lip borders. A variety of dermal fillers can quickly and successfully sculpt the lips, restoring symmetry and adding balance to the facial features. Dr. Vitenas can include a filler to enhance the lips, achieving a natural-looking and more youthful appearance, that will last for six months to over a year.
Am I a good candidate for lip augmentation?
Almost anyone may make a potential candidate for lip augmentation at Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery. Men and women frustrated with small or thinning lips, in overall good health, and an understanding of the lip augmentation procedure will make an ideal candidate. Potential patients should also have reasonable expectations for their final results. However, those who are pregnant, nursing, or with certain illness may be asked to postpone their treatment until a later date.
How soon will I see the results from my lip augmentation?
Results from a lip augmentation treatment will be immediately noticeable. The soft tissue filler will plump and sculpt the lips, eliminating unsightly lip lines and providing the desired definition. Hyaluronic Acid fillers will continue to work over the following weeks, holding moisture and encouraging the body’s collagen production, ensuring long-lasting results.
How soon can I return to work, after my lip augmentation session?
Most lip augmentation treatments require little to no downtime. Many patients return to work the same afternoon. However, as slight bruising, mild swelling, and tenderness are common, some people prefer to take the rest of the day off to recover, returning to work or school the following day. For the first 24-48 hours, avoid vigorous exercise, as this can increase the risk of swelling. Women can wear makeup right away.
What are the risks of lip augmentation?
Noninvasive lip augmentation techniques are considered safe and extremely effective. While the side-effects are generally mild, patients should expect light bruising, swelling, and tenderness which can last for a few days. More serious complications are rare, especially when choosing a board-certified provider, such as Dr. Vitenas. However, infection, nerve damage, and asymmetry can occur.